GATE Syllabus – Pattern 2015 ME, CH, CS, ECE, EE, CE, IN

By | August 14, 2014

GATE Syllabus and Pattern: Graduate aptitude test in engineering is a way for the students to show their capability and theirs skill in their respective branches, GATE would also help the students to get the jobs of their choice as this exam gives the confidence to students to identify their talent in general knowledge and general aptitude.

The problem solving ability of the students is also come into view through this exam and GATE make the path easier for students for the PG courses as the students, who haven’t done B.Tech from IIT, can prove themselves through GATE.

The GATE exam score helps the students for better placements as most of the premier companies find the score of GATE beneficial in choosing the students a part of their company.

GATE Syllabus

  1. Aerospace
  2. Agricultural
  3. Architecture and Planning
  4. Biotechnology, Civil
  5. Chemical Engineering
  6. Mechanical
  7. Mining Engineering
  8. Instrumentation
  9. Electrical Engineering
  10. Electronics and Communication Engineering
  11. Mathematics
  12. Chemistry
  13. Physics
  14. Ecology
  15. Evolution
  16. Geology
  17. Geophysics Engineering
  18. Production and Industrial Engineering
  19. Textile Engineering
  20. Fibre Science
  21. Life Sciences
  22. Engineering Sciences
  23. Computer Science and Info Technology

First and the prime step to score well in GATE is to go through the syllabus of the respective branches through which the students will apply and the syllabus for each branch is given separately on the official website.

Students need to visit official website to check official syllabus and pattern, http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015.

 

There are total 22 branches of the student’s choice and the exam pattern for each branch in GATE can be checked on the official website.

IISC and IITs are the ones who are responsible for publishing the syllabus of GATE. In GATE syllabus, if some topics are not given which the students have studied in the post graduation, then there is no need to study those topics.

Some general books and regular practice of the previous question papers of GATE would help the students to cover the syllabus easily.

In 2014, The the exam had been held by the IIT Kharagpaur and the GATE Topper is not interested in pursing PG, He wants to do something different. 

 

The students who make their position in the toppers of GATE exam are provided with junior research fellowship scholarship and this scholarship would be beneficial in advancing one’s career. Through this exam can also find their future in public sector companies.

Syllabus of GATE consists 70% of the subject topics and the other 30% part is divided equally between the engineering mathematics and general aptitude but in some branches the mathematical part is excluded making the syllabus a combination of 85% for subject topics and 15% for GA.

Students should have knowledge about GATE Score Calculation formula. The official 2015 formula will be published at official link given below. And candidates can get idea from 2014′s formula from here. 

The overall syllabus will judge the propensity and the alertness of mind of the student. Time of 180 minutes will be provided to students to complete the exam and there will be both numerical type and MCQs type of questions are included in the exams.

The syllabus is chosen to give the deserving candidates a chance and to provide them jobs in the field of engineering. The syllabus should be downloaded by the candidates before the last date.

Important Posts Related to GATE:

GATE Marks Validity

GATE Answer Key

GATE Cut Off

GATE Mtech Cut Off

GATE Results

Related Post

2 thoughts on “GATE Syllabus – Pattern 2015 ME, CH, CS, ECE, EE, CE, IN

  1. Sasi Parvathi

    Hello sir, nice blog you have. This is my visit to your site. You’re doing great job by providing educational information to students like me. Keep sharing.

    Reply
  2. balamurugan

    hai sir, i would like to apply GATE 15 in ECE decipline. How much Score expected to get jobs in PSUs through GATE 15?

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *